Monday, November 17, 2014

Journal 6

This time last year, if you had told me I would be using html and actually understand it come next November I would have told you you’re crazy! This class (and program) has pushed me to do things that I never thought I would be capable of accomplishing—and it’s only the first quarter.
The most challenging assignment thus far was book exercise 6.8 (the glossary). This exercise was long and had link after link after link. If one hyperlink didn’t have a </a> then it wouldn’t work and I had to search through the text to close it. What I truly gained from this assignment was to check and make sure codes are working properly before finishing the page.
As for the most rewarding assignment that’s harder to decide which one, but I think it has to be book exercises 9.1-9.4 (“Pimp My Shoes” contest entry form). For this assignment we had to add text boxes, radio buttons and checkboxes, a drop-down menu, and a submit button to create an interactive form. I had a lot of fun completing this assignment and loved how everything came together (and actually worked!).

I am very much looking forward to see what else this course has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment